The RMS PTSA Nominating Committee's responsibility is to consider all interested candidates and try to blend new and veteran board members. If you have interest in assuming a leadership position or questions, contact any member of the Nominating Committee:
- Bich Muchowski: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annie Wong: email@example.com
- Sheila Anastas: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Who can serve? Men, women, parents, grandparents, teachers, students, staff, and members of the community who are current RMS PTSA members in good standing ($10 annual dues) can serve as an officer or board member. Good candidates are PTSA members who have a willingness to:
- Learn about PTSA's purposes and policies and follow them
- Attend monthly meetings and fulfill duties of position
- Communicate and distribute information and materials promptly
- Reflect and embrace the diversity of our school community
- Participate in leadership training programs
- What is required financially of a PTSA officer?
- The only financial requirement is that all officers are required to be RMS PTSA members. Annual dues are $10 per person and a person who would like to be considered for an officer position must be a current RMS PTSA member at least 30 days prior to the election.
- What about training costs? In-person and online training workshops are available at no cost.
- What about purchasing items needed for the activities of the office? Officers are not expected to incur any out-of-pocket expenses because they follow the approved PTSA budget and work within budgeted allocations.
Sign up for the PTSA for each member of your family! Only $10 per member. Click here to learn about PTSA membership discounts!
Include the name(s) of student and graduating year in the name field below:
ex. John Smith (Kyle/2017)
Why join the Roosevelt PTSA?
Because we make Roosevelt better!
TOP REASONS TO JOIN Roosevelt’s PTSA:
- The PTSA funds enrichment lunch clubs, tutoring books, PE and science materials, band/drama programs, and classroom technology.
- Parents are having fun while building Roosevelt Trojan Spirit! Stay informed with events and news.
- The PTSA raised over $135,000 in 2015-16, almost 3X the previous year!
Join the Roosevelt PTSA today!
We make Roosevelt better!
There are many ways that you can contribute to your student's education, and the education of all our students at Roosevelt.
We have set up several “passive” fundraising programs for you to take advantage of to help raise money for our school. All of these programs are partnerships with companies that donate to the Roosevelt PTSA when you make purchases. What could be easier!
- eScrip – Join eScrip and a percentage of your purchases at participate businesses are donated to the Roosevelt PTSA. You can support up to three (3) schools/organizations on your account. You can go to the eScrip page to learn more about joining. If you’re already a member, please make sure Roosevelt Middle School, Group ID 5900393 is on your list of up to three schools you are supporting and RENEW your account by November 1st!!
- Sports Basement – shop for all your sports and athletic needs, mention Roosevelt at the cash register … you SAVE 10% and they donate 5% to the Roosevelt PTSA!
Are you fluent in Cantonese or Spanish? Are you good at finances or fundraising? Do you make great soup? Do you prefer to work alone – or do you enjoy being part of a team? Whoever you are, whatever your skills and interests, we need you. Please contact us to find a place supporting the excellent education our children receive every day at Roosevelt.